Friday, January 1, 2010

Squeegee Back Stop

When changing either tees, cards and paper my biggest fear was the squeegee sliding off the screen when lifting the screen frame. I found that placing the squeegee off to the side on an old plate was a waste of movement and ink. So I thought the pros have a squeegee rest right on their machine, why can’t we have the same thing.
I found a piece of 1” X 1” aluminum angle and taped it to the back as you can see in the pics below. I could have used 2 sided tape but I felt that masking tape would add friction and help hold the squeegee in place.
The last pic shows that you can open the screen frame almost all the way and the squeegee stays put.

Cya, Al

PhotobucketPhotobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home