Monday, December 28, 2009

What to do for ink?

We have had good results with our Yudu inks. We started with 2 of the 3oz bottles that came with our kit and we purchased 2 of the 3 packs. Here is the problem-it goes fast!

Our local craft stores had limited choices so we have began researching different brands of ink that would be compatible with our Yudu. We found that water-based textile ink is the best choice for beginners. Soap and water is all that is needed for clean up and it can be heat set with an iron.

I found three main brands that were readily available online from art supply stores:

Jacquard screen printing ink
I found the average price was 4 oz for $4.35 and 16 oz $11.37.

Speedball water-based textile screen printing ink
The average price I found for an 8 oz bottle was $5.74 and 32oz for $16.99.

Permaset Aqua fabric ink
The 300ml (about 10oz) for $8.37 and 1 liter (about 33oz) for $18.37.

We found that even with shipping, we saved quite a bit and had a wide choice of colors. Our first shipment of Permaset Aqua fabric ink will be in next week. We also want to try Speedball as we have read on the forums that they have worked well with the Yudu.



Michelle

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Michelle,

Just caught your post and thought I could send you something of interest regarding Permaset Ink.

I couldn't find a contact form, so feel free to email me back at customerservice@buypermasetinks.com

Thanks so much. I look forward to speaking with you.

--
Peter Imai
Customer Service
Buypermasetinks.com

January 5, 2010 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello There,

Just interested in what Peter had to say. I am new to the Yudu community and I am looking for the best and cheapest way to start my business.

Thanks,
Mi'Chanda

August 23, 2010 at 1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home