Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Yudu Perfectionism?

There it was sitting on the counter daring me to use it! This is what we had anxiously been waiting for and been researching.


I couldn’t think of what to do-my perfectionism was holding me back . Making a T shirt seems too permanent for a first creation and buying a design too expensive. After all wasn’t the whole purpose of it was so I could express my creativity and create designs.

Then it hit me-paper was the answer! I love little notebooks and cards and with the 220 mesh screen I could print designs and even if they weren’t perfect I could make a cover for one of my notebooks.


I started going through images and looking for images that would be good for a first project. I knew from watching Al that there would be a learning curve for me in pulling the ink across the design and I wanted something simple.

While browsing, I found that the images that I really like are silhouettes. I saw several that gave me an idea for my design and I saved others for ideas for future projects.

I downloaded Gimp after finding it by googling it. It was very easy to download and use. I saved my image and made a few little changes. Below is my image.
horse
Now I am ready to make a print of my image and burn my first screen.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home