Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mixing Yudu colors-3 color experiment

I have wanted to try more than one color on my Yudu, but I am not quite ready for dealing with registration marks. My solution was to try laying down three colors on the screen at one time. I knew from what others had done that the colors may mix,but I like that effect.

I chose duct cloth to screen on because I think my design would make interesting fabric. I laid down blue to represent the sky, brown to the right near the horses head and a little red in between. It is very hard to see in the photo, despite many attempts, but there is a nice subtle color change between the blue brown and red.

You can see that the red was too heavy on the top of one print. Another attempt, I again pressed to hard and the color bled out from the edges. I did get two very nice prints that I may make a coin purse out of in the future.

I am looking forward to doing more experimenting with this method because it was quick and gave a look I really liked!

Michelle
Photobucket

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home