Sunday, January 10, 2010

3 Color Print

Below are some pics of a 3 color image I just did. It didn’t require any real registration basically I just laid the three images over each other and printed them.

The first pic shows a printout of how I wanted them laid out and the colors I wanted to use. At first I had the black camera at the top but it looked too heavy up there so I moved them around till I liked what I saw and printed it out.

Next I printed black images of each camera on Ink Jet transparencies. I then laid them out on the YUDU in their positions and made note where they were in relation to each other. I then burned each screen I was going to use placing each positive in its noted position as I went.

I printed each one starting with the darkest one, that’s the second pic I had several platens lined up and I did all the black SLRs to start with. I removed that screen and washed it clean of ink while I let the black ink dry.

I then printed the red TLR, the third pic, finally the yellow View camera, the fourth pic. All these prints are made on lightweight duck and will be mounted on sign board.

The last pic shows back ground colors I airbrushed on the duck to provide some contrast for the images, The back ground colors are transparent light blue and transparent grey. I did 2 pulls of yellow ink, after the first pull I raised the screen and hit the ink with a hair drier the pulled a second coat of yellow.

As I said earlier there’s no real registration to this image, in time I will tackle that. Meanwhile I’ll have fun doing this.

Cya, Al

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home